The role of Production Operator supports manufacturing processes to execute planned production work, primarily through the operation of industrial mixing and converting equipment utilized for the manufacture of Prepreg and Adhesive products.
Responsibilities include equipment set-up, operation, and clean down against defined standards to directly support the Lead Operator and ensure safety, quality, and productivity goals for the work cell are consistently achieved.
The Production Operator role requires support of and adherence to all safety standards, personal protective equipment requirements, reporting requirements, and safe working practices in the manufacturing environment.
Quality and productivity objectives are supported by ensuring documented processes are followed, accurate records are kept per defined requirements, and a general customer focus is adopted to support the wider goals of the organization.
The following is a non-exclusive list of the essential functions of the position, which are listed in no particular order:
- Comply with company policy, safety, and regulatory requirements, and apply knowledge in those areas to all functions of role
- Apply safe working practices, and utilize appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) required for large scale industrials mixing and converting equipment, and associated chemical handling
- Demonstrate awareness of Quality culture and execute against defined Quality policies, operating instructions, and standard operating conditions for equipment and processes
- Communicate quality issues or defects encountered to the production Lead, Supervisor or Manager and support timely corrective actions driven at the management level
- Perform tasks assigned by the Lead Operator, Supervisor, or Manager associated with set-up, machine operation, and cleaning activities to meeting planned work schedules and meet productivity goals.
- Support the wider organizational goals with adoption of process and policy changes, and general support for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manual job requirements include standing, sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, as well as frequently and repeatedly lifting and/or moving up to 55 pounds (25Kg).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The organization defines and assigns the applicable level of the Production Operator role for any given individual based on demonstrated experience, knowledge, and internal training criteria.
Levels are applied at the discretion of management, reviewed on an annual basis, and include criteria in the table below along with any other criteria deemed relevant to an individual’s performance.
Operator Level Criteria
- OPERATOR A
- Initial entry level training in process
- Work under supervision only
- Single work cell experience only
- OPERATOR B
- Fully competent in assigned operations
- Cross trained to support other work cells
- Works without direct supervision
- OPERATOR C
- Operator B requirements met
- Trained in Lead Operator functions
- Assigned as back-up for Lead Operator
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Basic Math
- Attention to Detail
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently and repeatedly lift and/or move up to 55 pounds (25Kg).
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, with start and end time based on the specific role and shift offered. Routine weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma – General Education Degree or Equivalent
Relevant and demonstrated equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
Preferred Education and Experience
1+ Year Production experience in a manufacturing environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be a U.S. Person as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) due to export-controlled information.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.